Half-year Interim Report, 1 January – 30 June 2009
09-Jul-09 • Consolidated net sales were SEK 24.5 (14.7) m.
• The loss after tax was SEK -62.9 (-77.3) m.
• Earnings per share were SEK -3.02 (-3.71).
• Cash flow from operating activities was SEK -72.9 (1.2) m.
• Liquid assets and short-term investments as of 30 June were SEK 210.9 (329.2) m.
Second quarter in brief
Several significant corporate and project events were reported in the quarter.
The highlights can be summarized as follows:
• New, positive phase IIa data for TMC435 were presented during the quarter. A phase IIb trial involving 400 treatment-naïve patients is now underway; patient recruitment started in May.
• The reduction of the company’s cost structure that started in February has now concluded and the savings measures are progressing as planned with a full year effect starting 2010.
Huddinge, Sweden, 9 July 2009
For more information, please contact:
Rein Piir, CFO and VP, Investor Relations: +46 (0)70 853 7292 or +46 (0)8 546 83123.
Forthcoming financial information
The Nine-month Interim Report will be published on 21 October 2009.
The Report will be available at Medivir’s Website, www.medivir.se from this date under the ‘Investor/Media’ heading.