Medivir announces that Simeprevir data will be presented at the upcoming AASLD meeting
Stockholm, Sweden — Medivir AB (OMX: MVIR) announced that data will be presented on the investigational protease inhibitor simeprevir for the treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C in adult patients with compensated liver disease at the upcoming Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), which will take place November 1 to 5 in Washington, D.C.
The data to be presented at the 2013 AASLD Annual Meeting include:
Poster Presentations: HCV Therapeutics: New Agents, Poster Hall, November 3, 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (EST):
- Simeprevir (TMC435) with peg-interferon α-2a/ribavirin for treatment of chronic HCV genotype 1 infection in patients who relapsed after previous interferon-based therapy: Efficacy and safety in patient sub-populations in the PROMISE Phase III trial
- Lead Author: Xavier Forns, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
- Adding simeprevir to peginterferon/ribavirin for HCV shortens time with patient-reported symptoms and impairment in quality of life: Results from the simeprevir Phase III QUEST 1, QUEST 2, and PROMISE studies
- Lead Author: Jane A. Scott, Janssen
- Simeprevir (TMC435) with peginterferon/ribavirin for treatment of chronic HCV genotype 1 infection in treatment-naïve patients: Efficacy in difficult-to-treat patient sub-populations in the QUEST-1 and 2 Phase III trials
- Lead Author: Ira M. Jacobson, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, USA
- Resistance analyses of HCV isolates from patients treated with simeprevir in Phase 2b/3 studies
- Lead Author: Oliver Lenz, Janssen
Full session details and data presentation listings for the 2013 AASLD Annual Meeting can be found at http://www.aasld.org/livermeeting.
For more information please contact:
Rein Piir, EVP Corporate Affairs & IR
Mobile: +46 708 537 292.
Simeprevir is an investigational NS3/4A protease inhibitor jointly developed by Janssen R&D Ireland and Medivir AB for the treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C in adult patients with compensated liver disease, including all stages of liver fibrosis. Simeprevir works by blocking the protease enzyme that enables the hepatitis C virus to replicate in host cells.
For additional information about simeprevir clinical trials, please visit www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Medivir is an emerging research-based pharmaceutical company focused on infectious diseases. Medivir has world class expertise in polymerase and protease drug targets and drug development which has resulted in a strong infectious disease R&D portfolio. The Company’s key pipeline asset is simeprevir, a novel protease inhibitor for the treatment of hepatitis C that is being developed in collaboration with Janssen R&D Ireland. Medivir has also a broad product portfolio with prescription pharmaceuticals in the Nordics.
For more information about Medivir AB, please visit the Company’s website: www.medivir.com