Protein NMR Specialist
Medivir is seeking an experienced Protein NMR Specialist to join the Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology department to work with the acquisition and analysis of NMR data on protein ligand interactions and ligand conformation for Medivir projects.
You will be working with Medivir project teams as an NMR specialist to ensure they derive the best possible structural and design insights from NMR and to provide advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of NMR data including data generated by company collaborators. The role holder will liaise with members of the Protein Science group on the design of protein constructs, and on the generation and purification of protein samples for NMR studies.
- PhD in a subject related to Protein NMR
- Sufficient chemistry and biochemistry education to allow effective interactions with project medicinal and computational chemists
- Experience of protein NMR including data collection, spectral assignment, studies of ligand binding and the use of NMR data to generate ligand-binding models
- There is an advantage if you have experience of applying structural biology data and results to small-molecule drug discovery projects in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or experience of the determination of ligand solution conformation by NMR
- You need to be fluent in both spoken and written English
Contact and application
Medivir is co-operating with the recruitment agency Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. If you have any questions please call Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 16 68 00. Send us your application at email@example.com as soon as possible due to our ongoing effort with this recruitment. Please include “Protein NMR Specialist” in the subject field.
In Vivo Pharmacologist
Medivir is seeking a preclinical in vivo pharmacologist with extensive experience in oncology to join the Department of Biology at Medivir. You will be responsible for designing and interpreting in vivo pharmacology studies, and for the identification and assessment of potential biomarkers to support both research and clinical projects. You will be an integral part of multi-disciplinary project teams, and work with CROs and collaborators to prosecute in vivo studies, supported by internal expertise in biology, DMPK and toxicology.
This is a highly visible and influential position in the company and you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the scientific strategy of the projects on which you work. Your energy and enthusiasm, in addition to your deep expertise in oncology, will drive the success of our projects. You will be located at our R&D site located just outside Stockholm, Sweden.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to a dynamic oncology R&D company.
- You will be responsible for providing scientific leadership, expertise and strategy regarding preclinical in vivo pharmacology within the oncology area
- You will represent your area of expertise when working in cross-functional project teams supporting both research and development projects
- You will play a key role in identifying the most relevant animal models, designing and executing experiments at CROs and interpreting, reporting and communicating the results
- You will also be expected to establish and coordinate collaborations with academic research groups
- Your responsibilities also include understanding PK-PD efficacy relationships and implementing translational biomarker strategies.
- PhD with a minimum of 5 years post-doctoral experience within oncology drug discovery, ideally in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive scientific experience in the use of in vivo oncology models within cancer drug discovery
- Experience in designing studies and interpreting in vivo data to understanding pharmacology of compounds and selection of compounds for progression in a range of different preclinical oncology models
- Demonstrated experience of designing, analysing and understanding PK-PD-efficacy relationships to drive late stage drug discovery
- Experience of working in cross-functional project teams
- Experience of working with CROs
- Experience with immuno-oncology models and immunology will be a significant advantage
- Experience in discovering and implementing the use of biomarkers within translational oncology
- Experience in compiling pharmacology reports and summaries contributing to regulatory filings
- Demonstrated ability to lead or co-lead cancer drug discovery projects
Competencies and skills:
- Dynamic and energetic with potential for project and team leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think and work independently, while being able to effectively work in teams
- Must have the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and sees the resolving of issues as an exciting challenge
- Collaborative, goal-oriented and strategic
- Pursuit of the highest standards of scientific excellence and accuracy
- Passion for drug discovery
This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Director of Biology. If you have questions please contact Dr. Mark Albertella at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us your application at email@example.com. Please write “In vivo pharmacologist” in the subject field. We are looking forward to your application.
With a track record of success in anti-viral drug discovery, Medivir is now an oncology-focused research and development pharmaceutical company with a strong portfolio of drug discovery and development projects. We have leading competence within protease inhibitor design and nucleotide/nucleoside science and we are dedicated to bringing innovative pharmaceuticals based on these technologies to cancer patients who are in need of improved treatment options. A recent example of our successful approach to drug discovery is the selection of MIV-818 as a candidate drug. Using Medivir’s expertise in the targeted delivery of nucleotides to the liver, MIV-818 was designed for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and is presently in non-clinical development. We are in the process of acquiring two clinical stage oncology projects to further expand our clinical development pipeline, and to complement our growing internal portfolio of anti-cancer and immune-oncology projects. We are looking for talented scientists to contribute to our exciting journey.